We have been supplying ZKL bearings to all industries since 1992.
ZKL is the largest manufacturer of large-sized spherical, special and split bearings in Central Europe.
The ZKL Group was formed by the integration of the Czech bearing industry with more than 60 years of tradition, ensuring the research, development, production and sale of ZKL bearings. The establishment of the group is July 1, 1999.
ZKL is certified according to EN ISO 9001: 2000, suppliers for automotive industry according to ISO / TS 16 949: 2002.
History of the ZKL Group
The joint-stock company ZKL, as integrates Czech bearing manufacturers producing bearings under the trademark ZKL. It was founded in 1999 as a purely Czech private company integrating three production companies, namely ZKL Brno, as, ZKL Klášterec nad Ohří, as and ZKL Hanušovice, as, as well as the specialized companies ZKL Research and Development, as and ZKL Bearings CZ , as The production of each of these companies has its deep history, which we are accustomed to and based on these traditions, the production companies ensure the continuity of development and production of ZKL roller bearings in the Czech Republic.
It is the continuity of the development and production of ZKL bearings as an important factor, which is a source of knowledge and experience, positively influencing the dynamics of the company's development at present. For this reason, it is worth mentioning some important historical milestones.
- the first rolling bearings on the territory of our country were manufactured in the Fichtl and Sachs plants in Perštejn nad Ohří. The Perštejn factory was originally built as a weaving mill. Built in 1911 by dr. Emil Sachs of Schweinfurt and rebuilt for engineering production. The first products were bicycle freewheels. Due to the rising production at the parent plant in Schweinfurt, the production of bearing beads was transferred to Perštejn in 1921 and two years later the production range expanded with rolling bearings. This production was taken over in 1930 by SKF and remained in its property until 1948, when the factory in Perštejn nad Ohří was purchased by the state. The plant in Klášterec nad Ohří was built during the Second World War, in 1943, by the German company SUMAG, for the production of war material for the aviation industry. In the years 1945 - 49, the enterprise came under national administration and had a very variable production program. In 1949 it was incorporated into the national enterprise TOS Holoubkov as a subsidiary plant focused on the production of lathes and frame circular saws. From January 1, 1952, the Association was established under the ZPS Brno - Líšeň. This year, the program of production of machine tools was closed, and due to the large increase in the need for bearings and the lack of space in the Perštejn factory, the bearing production was transferred to Klášterec na Ohří. Since 1953 only bearings have been produced and the company to which the plant in Perštejn nad Ohří was connected was named ZKL, n. Klášterec nad Ohří. January 1952 was followed by association under the ZPS Brno - Líšeň.
- the foundation of the bearing plant in Brno - Líšni and the commencement of the production of the first 28 ball bearings.
- the first beads were made.
- construction of bearings in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
- establishment of the Research Institute for Roller Bearings in Brno. The constant need for new types of bearings and increasing demands on technical standards in technology, construction and quality prompted the construction of the ZKL VÚVL research institute, which is now part of ZKL-Research and Development, as, based in Brno. The development in the 1980s influenced the decision of the state authorities to specialize in the production of bearings. In collaboration with the Rolling Bearing Research Institute, new types of production were introduced into practice, and development and production also focused on specialty bearings of atypical dimensions for rolling stock, construction machinery, metallurgy and mining and also on large-dimension bearings.
- registration of the trademark "ZKL". Trademark is registered in 53 countries worldwide. Authorities to use the ZKL mark are owned by the ZKL Group.
- at the end of the 1960s, the production of beads was introduced in Klášterec. The transfer of production from Perštejn and its expansion caused extensive construction of production halls in the early seventies. Since 1965, the company had been incorporated under the ZVL General Directorate and later under a group based in Povážská Bystrica.
- after 1990 the company was cancelled and ZKL Klášterec nad Ohří created an independent joint-stock company, whose 100% owner remained. The economic changes led to the separation of the bearing production from the tractor plant and later to the establishment of a separate body for the production of spherical roller bearings - ZKL Brno, as in the Brno Zetor. This company became the majority owner of ZKL Klášterec nad Ohří in 1998 and since November of that year also Hanušovice VTL, today ZKL Hanušovice, as. The original factory buildings in Hanušovice were built as a spinning mill. They have been involved in mechanical production since 1957, when the firm merged with Karosa Vysoké Mýto. A year later, the company became a subsidiary of the manufacturer of tractors and bearings - Zetor Brno, and the production of tractor parts was launched here. The production program represented disc brakes, exhaust silencers, curtains for a single-axle semi-trailer and a wide range of air and hydraulic pipes. The company's reaction to the production of tractors after 1990 has been a major change in the production program.
1993 - 96
- division and privatization of the bearing factories. After privatization in 1996, Konsolidační banka Praha became the owner of one hundred percent of shares, and two years later it entered into a contract for the transfer of securities to ZKL Brno. The history of the Brno production of bearings is slightly younger. At the beginning, it was decided to introduce a complete production of roller bearings in the former Czechoslovakia, which fell in 1947. In the same year, the cooperation of the newly formed plant within the Zbrojovka Brno - Líšeň with the English firm Hoffmann was established. This created the basis for the development of bearing production not only in Brno, but throughout the country. Despite the difficulties that brought about a political turnaround in 1948, the production of 28 types of bearings was secured this year. As of 1 January 1950 a new company was set up: the precision engineering plant Brno - Líšeň, which was gradually merged with branches in Klášterec nad Ohří, Dolní Měcholupy and Kysucký Nové Město. At that time, 155 types of bearings were produced in all the Czechoslovakian firms. Since 1953 this production unit has been named ZKL (since 1976 Zetor). In 1959-60, the production of taper roller bearings was carried out in Prešov, and in 1961-63 a bearing plant was built in Skalica. Another part of the production was moved to Blanické strojírny Vlašim and production of conical bearings took place in Povážské strojíren in Povážská Bystrica. Between 1965 and 1980, another 217 types of bearings were delimited from the Brno plant. .
- established a partnership with VW to provide precisely shaped pipes. After joining the ZKL Group, the production of spherical roller bearings produced by ZKL Brno, as, was partly transferred to Hanušovice. Since January 1999, ZKL Tools, as has been supporting the production of bearings in Klášterec nad Ohří. The focus of this joint stock company is unambiguous: design and production of tools and tools for chip machining on special equipment, pressing tools and components manufacturing tools for the automotive industry.
- establishment of a consolidated group of rolling bearing manufacturers in the Czech Republic, the ZKL Group, based in Brno. During the 1990s, Slovak plants with a bearing production program within the Czech Republic were split up during the division of Czechoslovakia and other bearing producers in the Czech Republic mostly changed their production program. The ZKL Group, which was established on July 1, 1999, brings together all the major bearing manufacturers in the Czech Republic.
- winner "Gold Medal" award for 222, 223 spherical roller bearings at MSV Brno.
- industrial design Enclosure for ZKL bearings registered in 8 countries.
- winner "Gold Medal" award for bearings, for vibration equipment at MSV Brno.
- winner "Price of the Fair" award for innovative axial spherical roller bearings at MSV Nitra
2006 - 08
- new ZKL Training Centre set up, focusing in particular on basic and advanced technical training for ZKL employees as well as on business partners to ensure regular improvement of their qualifications.
- new "FORCE" trademark registered, including a new "FORCE" deposit box, now the trademark is registered in other countries.
- incorporation of ZKL Klášterec nad Ohří, as into the ZKL Group on the basis of a final decision of the court to return ZKL Klášterec nad Ohří to the ZKL Group.
- winner "Best Product" award for ZKL New Force bearings at MSV Brno.
- Awarding of the ACRI Annual Award - Czech Railway Industry Association in the "Components" category.
At present, the ZKL Group is structured to effectively develop and strengthen its competitive ability compared to the world's leading bearing manufacturers, it has a developmental base, sufficient production capacities, educated and qualified employees, and a dynamically evolving sales network consisting of a network of sales representatives appointed for each territory, taking into account the specific conditions of each national market.